Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Start Your Map Search Here

Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long term physical or mental health condition or disability.

The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself. You’ll be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help you can get.

If you get Disability Living Allowance (DLA)

Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is being replaced by PIP for most adults. You’ll keep getting DLA if:

  • you’re under 16
  • you were born on or before 8 April 1948

If you were born after 8 April 1948, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will invite you to apply for PIP. You do not need to do anything until DWP writes to you about your DLA unless your circumstances change.

Help with PIP

You can contact a local support organisation or Citizens Advice to get help understanding PIP.

More information is available at

Latest News & Events

Using your Blue Badge in the EU post BREXIT

Using your Blue Badge in the EU post BREXIT

So what should you do if you’re planning on travelling abroad this year with regards to using your Blue Badge in the EU? To make your travel planning easier we have put together a table of all those EU Countries that currently recognise Blue Badges. To read the full...

Blue Badge Scheme Statistics 2020 Published

Blue Badge Scheme Statistics 2020 Published

The latest Blue Badge Scheme statistics for 2020 have been published.  These statistics are derived from the Blue Badge Digital Services (BBDS) online database and are based on the number of badges held as at 31 March 2020. To read the full article click here

Call Us

Tel: 0203 793 0098

Parking for Blue Badges